Regular lens coating method:
Regular lenses typically use one of three coating methods: a hard coating that minimizes “scratches”, a multi-coating that provides clear vision, a waterrepellant coating for moisture proofing effect.
Super-hydrophobic coating method:
Instead of water repellant coating above the hard-multi-coating a special water repellant and oil repellant coating that has been upgraded several times is applied. This makes for an innovative coating method that dramatically improves the “water repellency and oil repellency, slip proofing, and durability” of lenses compared to conventional hydrophobic lenses.
Specification & Technical information:
Contacare’s ReflectCare Super Hydrophobic coating available in:
- 1.498 CR39, 1.56, 1.61, 1.67, 1.74 & Polycarbonate indexes
- The lens surface is three times stronger in preventing scratches and removing contaminates as compared to regular AR coated lens. You can clearly see a difference from regular lens if you try wiping your lenses firsthand.
- Water repellency and oil repellency are three times or more, higher than regular AR coated lens.
- Stronger impact resistance. As a result, it is more suitable for active out going people and
- children, (hi-index or above).
- Lens surface that exhibits excellence in removing contamination from impurities with
- reinforced slip proofing.
- Its standard ITO coating provides an antistatic effect.