- Extended Wear
- High Water Content
- Optimum Oxygen permeability
A bandage contact lens protects an injured or diseased cornea from the mechanical rubbing of the blinking eyelids, therefore allowing it to heal. It is a normal (usually soft, but not always) contact lens has no power. It is not intended to improve your vision.
The aims of a bandage contact lens are to:
- Relieve some causes of eye pain
- Promote healing of the cornea
- Mechanical protection and support
- Maintenance of moist corneal surface
The can also help in stabilizing wounds, cuts and holes in the cornea by reducing pain and preventing secondary corneal infection by acting as a barrier to microbes (bacteria/germs).
*Customized Bandage Contact Lenses are also available